Thursday, March 5, 2009

Midterm



Thesis collection: Looks 1-4

Today I presented my senior thesis collection for our midterm reviews. This is just 4 of the 6 final looks [I still have several weeks left to get the rest done!]. There are revisions to be made [mostly on the appliques/hand embroideries and the triangle-inset skirt] but I'm quite happy with how it's coming along!

Below I have included images from recent fittings to show off the tank top from the second look, the fit of the sleeves in the third look [note: there are pockets in the side seams on the dress], and the neckline on the fourth look. The skirt on the last look is going to be taken up an inch so it falls at knee-length instead of below it. Again, credit for the beautiful crochet goes to Hillary Livingston, who saved me from a big tangle of knots!



[It can be very difficult to get our models to stand still for a photo after spending a couple of hours trying on everybody's garments!]

2 comments: